Connection now has two new Jamf certifications, but what is Jamf and why should it matter to you?
Jamf is the industry standard when it comes to the management of iOS devices (iPhones and iPads), macOS computers (MacBooks, iMacs, etc.), and tvOS devices (Apple TV). It’s used to set up and pre-configure new devices, enhancing the user out of box experience (OOBE). Additionally, Jamf can be used to reset, re-purpose, and recover mobile devices and computers. It’s all they do, and they’ve been doing it for almost 15 years.
Now you know what Jamf is and what they do, but you’re probably still wondering why this is important to you.
Connection is the first commercial reseller to have the Gold Reseller Certification, the Managed Service Platform Certification, and the Jamf Integrator Certification. We now offer management services for organizations that may not have Apple experts on staff, or may not have a big enough IT department to provide the attention an Apple environment deserves. Connection can support your Apple equipment, and maintain and manage your Apple infrastructure with Jumpstarts. In short, Connection is now a one-stop shop for all things Jamf!
Our three certifications let us provide:
- A gold star sales experience for new or existing customers.
- Managed Service Provision—Do you have a client that just isn’t that familiar with the Apple platform? Do you have a client that wants to enable their end users by providing them with the hardware that most people prefer? Now, we can help support and maintain those environments.
- Jumpstarts—Deliver a complete and thorough knowledge transfer of the Jamf platform and its capabilities. These sessions are available for on-site or remote delivery, and can be tailored to focus specifically on the customer’s iOS environment, their macOS systems, or a mixture of both.
How Does Jamf Work?
Jamf provides Mac, iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV management solutions for any business, government institution, or school, at any scale. Here’s how Jamf works:
- A customer purchases an Apple device and registers it with their business-owned Device Enrollment Program (DEP).
- When the customer opens their Apple device and connects to Wi-Fi, the device calls home to the Apple servers, confirms its membership in DEP, and relays the device to Jamf. Jamf then takes over the deployment of the customer’s tailored profile, and provides a unique enrollment process.
- With Jamf Self Service, users can install their own software by choosing from a pre-populated software suite.
- No IT required. Jamf admins can configure a uniquely tailored, out-of-the-box onboarding experience!
It’s easy to see why our Jamf certifications are important. Jamf provides a modern way to manage devices and enhance the user experience with on-demand applications, corporate resources, and enhanced security. Together, Jamf and Connection can help you empower end users and make your life easier!