Connection is a leading Global Solutions Provider that connects people with technology that enhances growth, elevates productivity, and empowers innovation. We combine hardware and software from our technology partners with our professional services to offer our customers a full solution to their business challenges. Knowing that we help our customers solve their business challenges—whether its by helping them increase their revenue, cut costs, expand to new markets, or reduce risk—is what makes us feel accomplished at the end of the day.
I’ve been with Connection for more than six years—I started in our Product Management group working with some great partners like Cisco, Aruba, APC, Targus, Logitech, and many more. After a couple of years, I transitioned to our Industry Solutions Group to work with new technology partners. Our team covers healthcare, finance, manufacturing, and retail markets. My role is to work with our industry experts for each of those markets to uncover new technologies and find new partnerships. I really enjoy meeting new potential partners, learning about their solutions, and thinking about ways they could help us help our customers.
What Are Some Important Considerations in Choosing a Partner?
- Communication: Communication is key to any partnership. The ability to share good or bad news is vital to everyone’s success. Knowing what each party is working on helps to avoid duplicated efforts and misalignment of priorities—and aids in collaboration for mutual successes.
- Scope: What is each party responsible for? Having a clearly defined plan for my role, your role, and our joint obligations is important.
- Trust: Knowing your partner will be there to support you, provide consistent information, and aid in solving problems that may arise. We want a partner that is as focused on helping our customers as we are.
- Accountability: This means both admitting when you are wrong and made a mistake or acknowledging a job well done. Being able to celebrate the successes and talk about missteps are also very important to any healthy partnership. What did we do well that can be replicated? What didn’t go so well that we can avoid next time?
Our Technology-Specific Considerations:
- Strategy: Is one party focused on a different segment of the market, or do we have similar segments we are targeting?
- Scalability: If we have many customers interested in a solution, will you be able to help us support that demand as it continues to grow?
- Demand: Are customers looking for a solution like this in a specific industry now, or will they be looking for it in five years?
- Dedicated Resources: Do you have one person that will be our main point of contact? Will their main priority be working with us or will they have many other roles?
- Niche Solutions: Do you have generic solutions or are you focused on certain markets, such as healthcare, finance, manufacturing, or retail?
Why Do We Look for Partnerships?
We start looking for new partnerships that will help our customers transition their environment due to regulations and laws, trends, new efficiencies, or methodology that is gaining popularity or has been established in a particular industry. At other times, our team will uncover a business challenge our customer is facing, and we do not currently have a solution to meet their needs. I love my job because I get to find solutions that, when coupled with our services, help our customers expand their business, save money, increase their sales, and reduce their risks. We partner with the best organizations so we can provide our customers with the best solutions. If you are interested in becoming a partner, please visit www.connection.com/partners to learn more and complete our questionnaire!