All summer long, we collected nominations for Connection’s first ever IT Superhero Awards contest, a new program to recognize the unsung heroes of the IT world. The response was amazing! We received stories of extraordinary IT professionals from across the country—each submission overflowing with appreciation for the hardworking folks who keep our organizations moving forward. Now it’s time to announce the winners!
Partnering with TechCrunch, it was an honor to present the IT Superhero Awards at this year’s TechCrunch Disrupt. While it was hard for our panel of industry expert judges to single out the winners from so many exceptional candidates, we’re proud to share the 2021 IT Superheroes:
- Best Team Leader— Patrick Flaherty, Lead Site Reliability Engineer at Buckle
- Best Rookie—Joshua Martin, IT Specialist for Kendal at Lexington
- Best Catch—Christina Fisher, Technical Support at Hinman, Howard & Kattell
- Most Unshakeable—Patrick O’Reilly, Director of Information Technology at Pinkerton Academy
- Best Superpower—Gregory Ledford, Technology Support Specialist Technician with the State of North Carolina Department of Public Safety
Gregory Ledford was also awarded the grand prize of Ultimate IT Superhero for his achievements. Congratulations and well done!
Jamal Khan, Chief Growth and Innovation Officer at Connection presented the awards at the live ceremony, saying “The tremendous contributions of IT professionals deserve to be recognized. It’s a privilege to partner with TechCrunch to honor the people who kept us all connected, safe, and productive during a challenging year. Congratulations to our IT Superhero Award winners—and to all the IT Superheroes out there who are so deserving of our appreciation and thanks.”
Congratulations to our winners—and a huge thank you to the rest of the superheroes hard at work in IT departments everywhere! To learn more about the IT Superhero Awards contest and the winners, see all the details at www.connection.com/ITawards