Earlier this year, we asked for your nominations for our second annual IT Superhero Awards contest—and you did not disappoint! We received hundreds of stories of skilled, dedicated IT pros who go above and beyond at organizations across the country. And now we’re excited to announce the winners!
We teamed up with TechCrunch again to present the IT Superhero Awards at TechCrunch Disrupt 22 on October 20. Our panel of judges had a tough time narrowing down the nominations, but we can now share the 2022 IT Superheroes:
- Best Team Leader—Patrick McGee, Director of Technology Support Services, St. Johns County School District
- Best Rookie—Ben Esquivel, Director of Information Technology, Imperial Unified School District
- Best Catch—John Fisher, System Administrator, Visiting Nurse Association of Northern New Jersey
- Most Unshakeable—Lisa Michel, Customer Service Support Manager, Information Technology, Rochester Electronics
- Best Superpower—Chase Zieman, Chief Data Science Officer, Cart.com
Watch the video of the announcement.
Patrick McGee was also awarded the grand prize of Ultimate IT Superhero for his achievements. Congratulations and well done!
Watch Jamal Khan, Chief Growth and Innovation Officer at Connection, present the Ultimate IT Superhero award to Patrick McGee.
This year, we also partnered with our Connection Cares team to honor the winners by making donations in their names to one of three charities working to help underserved communities gain technology skills: Year Up, NPower, and Girls Who Code. Each winner got to direct $1,000 to their charity of choice—and our Ultimate IT Superhero got to give away $2,000. Coincidentally, all winners chose Girls Who Code, which will receive $6,000.
We want to send a huge thank you to all the other IT superheroes out there—and we encourage you to think of someone to nominate for next year! In the meantime, you can visit www.connection.com/ITawards to learn more about the winners’ heroic efforts, as well as the IT Superhero Awards contest.