Becoming a Partner Development Specialist (PDS) at Connection is a great way to grow within the company. As a PDS, I have different types of tasks that I do on a daily, weekly, monthly, or quarterly basis—which keeps things interesting! For instance, some days I put on my creative genius hat and come up with new incentives and fresh marketing ideas. Other days require me to put on a trainer hat and educate sales about various cutting-edge products. These varied tasks help you determine your strengths and give you the freedom to build on them. Some of what I do includes:
- Rolling out price changes to help us stay ahead of the competition
- Setting up programs to help our Account Managers get competitive pricing
- Creating marketing materials for the Sales Team and customers
- Creating and promoting incentives that help partners stand out and get attention
- Overseeing internal Focus Days that elevate products and build a pipeline for business
- Assisting Account Managers with product questions (Always be a go-to product expert!)
- Browsing Open Quotes and proactively contacting Account Managers on ways to help win business
A large part of this job involves building relationships within the workplace. One of the biggest roles I have is working with global IT leaders. For instance, over the past four years I’ve been working closely with experts from HP. Through them, I’ve been able to learn about everything from ink, toner, and print hardware to personal systems and beyond. I’ve found—in this position—making yourself available as the go-to will help you become more successful.
The sky is the limit for a Partner Development Specialist. It’s up to YOU to make it your own role. Sound like fun? Find out for yourself by applying today.